As the KNF movement continues to grow there needs to be some foundation and structure to establish that there are limits to the foundation and structure that constitute the movement as a whole.
Watch out for any representatives claiming to be the “chosen one” or “voice of natural farming”, and those who try to assert personal authority, superiority or governance upon these free and open source principles.
Natural farming has been unveiled to man by Nature. Nothing separates you from the same source the founders have used to establish the solutions we know today. However, those with little experience typically exert little wisdom, but do not let this subject you to any subservient position. We are all equally ignorant in the eyes of Nature.
This manifesto has been promulgated to assert the equality and common ground rules of all participants in the movement.
It makes sense to model this movement on upon an organization that has stood the test of time, continues to grow, and operates in a largely decentralized yet cooperative manner. These principles have been slightly reworded from the 12 Traditions of A.A.
- Our common welfare should come first; personal success depends upon group unity.
- Ultimate authority is Nature as expressed in group conscience. Our leaders are trusted servants; they do not govern.
- Only requirement for membership is the desire to learn KNF.
- Each group should be autonomous except in matters effecting other groups or KNF as a whole.
- Each group has but one primary purpose – to carry its message to those who need KNF.
- A KNF group ought to never endorse, finance or lend the KNF name to any related facility or outside enterprise, lest problems of money, property, and prestige divert us from our primary purpose. (We can not be all things to all people)
- Every KNF group ought to be self supporting, declining outside contributions.
- KNF should remain forever non-professional, but service centers may employ special workers.
- KNF, as such, ought never be organized; but may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.
- KNF has no opinion on outside issues; hence KNF may never be drawn into public controversy.
- Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, film. (Promote KNF Principles not KNF Members. Ambition has no place in KNF)
- Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities. (Anonymity is real humility)